Fallout 4 secretly shown at E3, setting, release date, and more leaked — Rumour
Authored by Mack Ashworth
While most of us thought that Bethesda’s E3 announcements comprised of The Elder Scrolls Online, Wolfenstein: The New Order, The Evil Within, and nothing more; it has now been leaked that another Bethesda game was shown off at E3… in secret!
The leaker, who apparently attended a 45-minute Bethesda presentation behind closed doors, has shared various bits of information about the secret title, which we are assured is Fallout 4.
The anonymous source has relayed these pieces of info:
- Fallout 4 has been in development since January 2011 by a small team, as the majority were working on Skyrim.
- As of February 2013, the team working on Fallout 4 is the size of the team which was working on Skyrim. This is due to Skyrim development ending.
- As it stands now, Fallout 4 will release on Xbox One, PS4, PC, Xbox 360 and PS3. However, this is still subject to change.
- The actual announcement for Fallout 4 will come BEFORE E3 2014, but will NOT launch in 2014.
- The expected launch is in October 2015.
- The game is (as of June 2013) 55% complete, consequently, voice actors will be hired towards the end of 2014.
- There is no planned multi-player, but there is a possibility of Co-Op locally.
- The game will take place in Somerville, Cambridge, Arlington (and surrounding areas). The main setting is in a Post-Apocalyptic Boston. However, this area will not be immediately accessible.
- The story is not clear, however, Vaults exist.
- The 37 second trailer starts starts with a half-broken phone sparking. The scene pulls out slowly with the stereotypical music you would hear. Slowly you work out the scene is pulling out of a bell-tower. As it pulls further out, you see a destroyed town around. This is Boston. Suddenly, you hear the bell chime loudly, and the screen changes black instantly. The words of Ron Pearlman are heard “War… War never changes…”. The logo for Fallout 4 appears with the 5 platforms above listed.
Quite a bit of juicy information here. We’ve got the locations that players will be exploring, as well as an expected release date. The description of the short Fallout 4 trailer is also very welcome, setting the scene for what could very well be the next game in the series.
It is definitely exciting to think that Bethesda has a plan in motion for the next Fallout game, but it must be remembered that this info is not yet confirmed as true.
We’ve contacted Bethesda and are waiting for a statement. Stay tuned for an update!
What do you think of the leaked information? Are you hoping, like me, that it is true?