Xbox One sells over 2 million consoles in 18 days
Authored by Patrick Day-Childs
The Xbox One has sold over 2 million consoles in 18 days, Sony sold 2 million in two weeks worldwide. So the consoles may actually be more neck and neck than people think.
This means, according to Xbox Wire that it’s sold old in the majority of retailers, on average selling 111,111 consoles per day.
“The Xbox One entertainment system is one of our hottest selling products this holiday season,GameStop is experiencing high demand from our customers for this innovative console and we are working closely with Microsoft to receive more units to fulfill our customers’ holiday shopping lists.”said Bob Puzon, senior vice president of Merchandising at GameStop.
Here are some stats from Major Nelson:
- 2 Million Consoles sold through in 13-markets in the first 18-days
- Over 83 million hours in games, TV, and apps on Xbox One since the system launched
- 39 million Xbox One achievements unlocked
- 595 million total Gamerscore achieved on Xbox One
- At peak demand, customers were ordering the Xbox One console at over 1000 units per minute on Amazon.com
Have you bought an Xbox One yet? If not, what are you waiting for before deciding to get one?