Tomb Raider developers searching for multiplayer designer to work from the “ground up”
Authored by Pixel Enemy Staff
Crystal Dynamics, developers of five Tomb Raider games including the latest, are looking to hire a new multiplayer designer. An individual who will work with the “development team to develop a unique online experience.”
The position summary lists the job requirements as the following:
- Concept, design and implement multiplayer game systems from the ground up
- Lead and manage other developers on the team. Serve as a champion for online game components at the studio.
- Work with other Designers to ensure successful integration of game play systems into the game
- Broad based understanding about what makes multiplayer levels and systems fun
- Ability to design and develop multiplayer systems design from concept to finished product
- Strong math and balancing skills
- Ability to communicate and present complex interactive/social game systems
- Experience working on multiplayer systems for highly rated (AAA) action-adventure titles or 3rd person shooter titles
What exactly are Crystal Dynamics up to? Well, the job posting does describe working on AAA titles, as well as “action-adventure” and “third-person shooters”.
With the multiplayer in this year’s Tomb Raider game being a disappointment for most, perhaps that is going to be the focus for this new designer.