Battlefield 4 getting PC server and game update today, fixes issues of being shot behind cover
Authored by Matt Hadden
DICE are still hard at working making sure that they get all the issues sorted out with Battlefield 4 as there is both a server and game update on the way today. The game update that is being pushed out to PC today includes the following changes (via the official Battlelog forums):
- Fixed one of the most frequently occurring client crashes
- Fixed broken collision on containers with open doors. The bug previously made grenades bounce back even though the doors were open.
- Fixed a bug in Defuse mode where defenders could win the round by killing all the attackers without disarming the bomb, if the bomb was disarmed in the previous round.
- Miscellaneous stability fixes further reducing the number of client crashes
- Fixed side gunner jitter when aiming in attack boats & transport helicopters
- Fixed some instances of frame rate drops when shooting at large Levolution objects after they have been destroyed (like the radar dish on Rogue Transmission)
- Fixed broken aiming for passengers on the China Rising dirt bike
- Fixed a bug where the sound when capturing a flag was not playing correctly
- Removed a bug that would double save during MP round transition and SP level transition. This fix will reduce the occurrence of corrupted save files.
The game update also seems a major change taking place when you are behind cover and the way that the game works. They have fixed a bug where the character stance could get into a multiple frame desync and was part of the problem where you got shot even when you were behind cover.
The issues was more prevalent for those that transitioned into crouch and prone, as well as moving when crouched, but it did minutely affect the standing stance as well. The fix eliminates that issue so you shouldn’t be shot through cover at all now, or not as often.
They have also done some work to update the camera height when crouching and moving to more accurately reflect the actual height of your soldier in that stance. It was previously too low and not giving you a proper representation of how much you were exposed.
The server side update, R15, will fix a few issues, mainly to do with server side crashes seen in R14.
- Various server side crash fixes, including the top seen crashes on R14
- Activated the reservedSlotsList.aggressiveJoin command that enables VIP players and server administrators directly joining full servers
- Client patch compatibility to make servers compatible with the Dec 09 client update
For those of you that have played with the new patch, let us know if it is any better for you. I am seeing reports on the Battlelog forum that it has actually made the game worse though.