61% of Brits think that video games contribute to violence, 57% think they’re a useful outlet for frustrations
Authored by Zarmena Khan
A YouGov survey has revealed that 61% of Brits think that violence in video games can result in real-life violence as well. Respondents were asked whether they agreed with the statement ‘video games can be a cause of real-world violence and aggression.’ Only 31% disagreed.
The results might surprise some people as 61% is quite a high figure. However, it may come as a less of a surprise that the older the respondents were, the more likely they were to establish a link between video games and violence. 42 per cent of 18-24 year olds agreed with a link, 48 per cent of 25-39 year olds, 61 per cent of 40-59 year olds and 79 per cent of those aged 60 and over.
On the other hand 57% of Brits think that video games are a useful outlet for frustrations and aggressions, leaving 43% to think otherwise. Full results can be seen below.